the view from my kitchen window

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cat in a Bumbershoot

Yesterday was a rainy day and in the southwest we don't use rainboots or umbrellas much, but yesterday was a RAINY day.   So, I put on my "pink plaidies" and took my purple bumbershoot to go get the mail.  Of course, you don't close up your bumbershoot while it's wet.  A little later in the afternoon I turned around to see our kitty, Skye, preening herself inside the upside down umbrella.  As soon as I got my camera she turned around, sat up and posed!  Sweet kitty!   She is a tortoiseshell calico and unbelievably spry and active for her age.  She was 10 months old when I got her from the shelter in June of 1995!!!  She is a sweet, affectionate, "people" cat and loves to cuddle.   She has been missing her top fang teeth for a long time but can still, without those teeth and at her age, wrangle down rabbits, squirrels, mice and gophers half her size.  And she loves to engage in rough & tumble play with our dog, Bramble.   We call their romping "rodeos"!  Sweet kitty!!
By the way, out here in the west we call these articles "umbrellas" . . but they are also called "bumbershoots"!

No comments:

Post a Comment