the view from my kitchen window

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Angels Watchin' Over Me

It was about 1:00 AM on Sunday morning, July 17th, 1994.   The angel who was attempting to rouse me from sleep looked like my mom!   This angel's job was to get me and my husband, awake, out of bed and out of our house because within 1/2 hour it caught fire and was totally destroyed!
It was an arson fire started by malicious pranksters playing with illegal fireworks!  I don't believe they intended to burn our house down but it was malicious and irresponsible!  Our yard and natural wooded area on three sides of our property were already engulfed in flames and we had time only to get dressed, call the fire department, get out, move our vehicles and pray!!!!

My mother had passed away earlier that year in February and this angel who had her appearance used the strategy to wake me that my mom had used when I was in high school and had to get up EARLY to practice the piano before going to school.  I'm thankful for her!  For that angel!  For the fact that she was already in heaven when this happened and for the fact that both of  our children were no longer living at home.

God worked a miracle out of that terrible catastrophe and we are grateful for how He worked through it!  Yes, I believe in angels!  I have many reasons to believe, without a doubt that they exist, that there are out there watching over us, protecting us and keeping us out of harm's way many, many times.

There are three lovely angels on this "tree".  Some of the other Christmas angels are in pictures below with the sleighs!
I collect angels and have them all over my house.  Some of them are put out only at Christmas, others are out all the time.   I ALWAYS have some gracing the top of my piano!  There are some Christmas ones there now, but I also have some hanging out in the bathroom.  I can see them when I'm getting myself put together for the day . . and I'm reminded of their presence in my life and the lives of those I love so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment