the view from my kitchen window

Monday, January 16, 2012

TOASTY TOES ???

We had some snow before Christmas, but it had melted off and the mud dried up by then and our Christmas was "brown".  We have had lovely, clear, sunny . . and dry . . . weather since then until early this morning.   Yesterday I did some laundry and hung it outside to dry.  We have an 8 foot "game" fence that runs across in front of house between the lawn and the fruit orchard and that fence makes an excellent clothesline.  The last load of the day included my handmade crocheted slippers which weren't dry when I brought in the rest of the laundry so I left them hanging there. I woke early to get ready for work, saw the snow coming down  . . . and this is what my slippers looked like.
No, they aren't going to keep my toes warm like this but we are so grateful for the Lord's provision of the snow . . . so very much needed!  The slippers will dry . .. eventually!


Three pair of crocheted slippers and one pair of socks! Cloudy and snowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment